Below are a list of questions that my clients frequently ask me. Please click the question you would like answered or scroll through the answers.
- What is a personal life coach?
- What are the benefits of life coaching?
- What is the coaching conversation?
- What type of issues does life coaching address?
- What can I expect from a coaching session?
- How long would we work together?
- Can we work together on a specific short-term project?
- What if life coaching is not for me?
- What are the ethical standards of life coaching?
What is a Personal Life Coach?
- A thinking partner for you
- Someone that helps you think about what you need in order to get from where you are now, to where you want to or need to be
- Someone who focuses on the strengths you have to get what you need and want
- Someone you can trust with confidential conversations
- Someone who will not judge you
What are the benefits of coaching?
- Help people set better goals and reach those goals
- Build trust and confidence in yourself
- Become the leader in your life
- Find time and energy for the important areas in your life
- Finding fulfillment and life satisfaction
- Leading a healthy and balanced life style
- Reframing harmful perspectives
- Expanding choices
- A safe person/place to explore your life
Coaching conversations are designed to:
- Expand your awareness of:
- Fhat you actually need and want
- Find the strengths and resources you have inside to achieve your goals
- Explore and accept your choices
- Build Condfidence in yourself
What types of issues does coaching address?
- Specific personal projects.
- General conditions in client's life or profession
What can I expect from a coaching session?
Coaching begins with a formal assessment. We spend a few hours getting to know each other. We discover where you are now and where you want to be. We look at what your strengths and values are and how you can use these to get to where you want to go. We also examine the gaps or what might be missing in your life. I might do some activities depending on what I believe might work for you. The subsequent sessions are up to you. You come with your agenda. It might be long term goals, short term goals, pressing issues, examining your past week. Who knows? Or perhaps you won't know and we'll figure it out together.
How long would we work together?
The length of coaching depends on how long it adds value to your life. Some clients use it briefly for specific projects while others use it for longer periods. It depends on where you are in your life and what you are working on. Other clients might need it at certain periods so they might stop coaching when they feel they have done all they want to do and return when they are at another pivotal point in their lives. It's up to you. However, I do request that you commit for a minimum of three months.
Can we work together on specific short-term projects?
Coaching is highly effective with specific short-term goals and projects.
What if coaching is not for me?
If you feel at any point in time that coaching is not working for you. I will provide you with a full refund for any unused sessions.
What are the ethical standards of coaching?
I adhere to and practice the standards of the international coaching foundation, ICF Code of Ethics
The best way to understand coaching is to try it.
Read my expert life coaching advice to learn more about me and my style of coaching.